Who do we see?
We understand that there are many barriers and limitations to meeting health goals, and our mission is to make nutrition simple, convenient and accessible to all Victorians.
Our dietitians work with clients from all walks of life and provide nutrition support in a range of areas, including:
- General healthy eating throughout the lifespan (e.g. Infants, Children, Teenagers, Aged care)
- Overweight & Obesity
- Pre-Diabetes, Type 1 & 2 Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes.
- Underweight & Malnutrition
- Eating Disorders & disordered relationships with eating, food and body
- Non-diet approach to health
- Fussy or picky eating, food refusal or limited range of foods eaten
- Pressure injuries (e.g. poor wound healing, pressure sores)
- Non-oral feeding and tube weaning e.g. PEG feeding
- Supportive diets for difficulties with chewing and swallowing
- Heart Health (e.g. High Cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart failure)
- Women’s Health (e.g. Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, Pregnancy)
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies (e.g. iron deficiency)
- Gastrointestinal issues (reflux, constipation, loose stools, lack of fibre/fluid)
- Gastrointestinal conditions (Coeliac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, low FODMAP diets, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis)
- Kidney Health (Kidney dialysis, kidney disease, kidney failure)
- Food intolerances/Malabsorption (e.g. Lactose, Fructose or Food Chemicals)
- Food exclusion nutrition (e.g. Vegetarian and Vegan)
What services do we provide?
Appetite for Nutrition provides nutrition support via government-supported programs including:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Home Aged Care Packages
- Work Safe
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
Our goal is to use nutrition in practical ways to improve clients health, wellbeing and independence. This may include assistance with:
- Healthy eating education to improve your health – our dietitians understand we don’t all learn the same way. We use a range of learning techniques depending on clients needs.
- Structured meal plans – planning for weekly meals & snacks, and may include easy + simple recipes and/or meal & snack ideas (incl. pictorial/visual).
- Improving your health with building healthy habits – our dietitians will set nutrition goals with you to assist you to create healthy eating habits. Afterall, most of our daily activities are built around habits!
- Meal preparation and cooking education – this can involve practical activities in the home or local community centre
- Healthy eating on a budget – take your dollar further when planning your meals for the week.
- Healthy supermarket tours – increasing your knowledge and confidence in identifying the healthiest products on the supermarket shelves
- Guidance on eating out and eating socially, including how to choose suitable foods from fast food outlets and restaurant
Where can you see us?
- In one of our clinics in Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo or Mildura click here for clinic locations
- In the comfort of your home click here to book
– home visit
– video call
– telephone call
What to expect?
Our dietitians are skilled in translating the most up to date scientific evidence into practical nutrition advice.
In order to do this, your dietitian will need to gather information on not only the types and amounts of food consumed but also on factors that may impact on the way you eat and live your life.
These may include and are not limited to, blood test result, medications, level of mobility and exercise, underlying medical conditions and any symptoms you may be experiencing.
Eating is a big part of our lives, we not only eat for growth and sustenance but for enjoyment, emotional reasons and serving the basis for many social occasions with friends and family. Your dietitians is aware of this, so you can expect all advice and recommendations to involve you and supports in the decision making.
You are the driver for all consultations, and depending on your preferences, your dietitians will tailor a plan to suit your likes/dislikes and preferences.
ABN: 86 193 140 721