Who do we see?
Appetite for Nutrition provides one-on-one nutrition consultations in a range of areas including:
- Overweight and Obesity
- Healthy Eating throughout the lifespan
- Heart Disease (High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, High Triglycerides )
- Diabetes and Insulin Resistance (e.g. Pre-Diabetes)]
- Bowel conditions/disorders (Coeliac Disease, Diverticulitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Lactose
intolerance, Fructose Malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and low FODMAP diets
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies (e.g. Iron deficiency)
What to expect?
Our dietitian is skilled in translating the most up to date scientfic evidence into practical nutrition advice.
In order to do this, our dietitian will need to gather information on not only the types and amounts of food consumed, but also on factors that may impact on the way you eat and live your life. These may include and are not limited to, blood test result, medications, level of mobility and exercise, underlying medical conditions and any symptoms you may be experiencing.
Eating is a big part of our lives, we not only eat for growth and sustenance, but for enjoyment, emotional reasons and serving the basis for many social occasions with friends and family. Our dietitian is aware of this, so you can expect all advice and recommendations to involve you in the decision making. You are the driver for all consultations, and depending on your preferences, our dietitian will tailor a plan to suit your likes/dislikes and preferences.