Appetite for Nutrition dietitians are registered providers of the NDIS. We work with clients under the NDIS to improve their health, wellbeing and independence.
We can work with those who are:
- Agency managed
In your NDIS plan, dietetic services can be claimed under the following groups:
- Improved Health & Wellbeing
- Improved Daily Living (depending on goals).
Our dietitians commitment to you:
- Friendly, dedicated and experienced dietitians
- A service that will lead to improved independence
- Person-centred care – help you facilitate choice over your nutrition interventions
- Tailored education to suit your needs, including those with cognitive, physical, sensory, neurological and intellectual limitations
- Nutrition advice tailored to your disability needs, goals and personal preferences e.g. functional capability and budget
- A service that supports optimal quality of life – we won’t take away your favourite foods or judge what’s in your pantry.
What services can our dietitians provide you?
- Practical healthy eating advice
- Chronic disease management (including diabetes, high cholesterol, neurodegenerative disease, stroke, kidney disease, gastrointestinal conditions)
- Assistance with managing Home Enteral Nutrition (HEN) and nutritional supplements for PEG feeds.
- Nutrition assistance for texture modified diets such as soft and puree.
- Advice for overweight, underweight or malnutrition
- Meal planning, recipes and meal ideas
- Meal preparation and cooking (we can provide cooking classes in the home)
- Healthy supermarket tours
- Training and education for carers
How can you see us?
Our dietitians can visit you in your home, or you can come visit us (see our locations).
We visit participants living at home, in group homes or larger facilities.
If you would like to make a booking or ask as a question, please complete the form at the bottom of this page or call Carly on 0431 061 613.
ABN: 86 193 140 721